From a Presentation at Stanford Medical Center
January 25, 2022
I was invited by Dr. Lidia Schapira of Stanford Medical Center to address the topic of why, after 16 years, my oncologist still calls me her Miracle Patient.
Here is the recording of my presentation.
From a Presentation at Dominican University
San Rafael, CA
Writing & Healing Resources:
The Bright Hour, by Nina Riggs–
A phenomenal cancer memoir
Bo Bogatin, Literary Attorney
Author Bytes, website builder
Must do steps to get traditionally published, aired 12-23-2021.
Judith Briles, The Book Shepherd, primarily discusses marketing.
The author Kevin Barhydt discusses writing and healing, aired 11-11-2021.
Megan Falley discusses poetry and non-fiction, aired 1-6-22
Marion Roach Smith primarily discusses craft.
I would advise against On-Line Book Club.org. I paid them $197 for a review and it was a waste of money. I got a great review, “a resounding 4 out of 4 stars,” but that went on Amazon as a 4-star review and has pulled my overall ranking down. The other reason to avoid this group is that they have very little reach, much to the contrary of their marketing claims.
- Do you have something inside that you are burning up to say, to talk about?
- All jobs are goldmines for fiction, or nonfiction.
- Don’t quit your day job. It might provide you with copy for your next novel or memoir.
- Don’t take the advice to specialize.
- Read the “Paris Review” interviews for great writing advice.